Smoke Alarm Professionals Limited
In accordance with the Privacy Act 1993, “personal information” is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person) which is in a form which enables that person to be identified.
- What kind of personal information we collect.
- How and when we collect personal information.
- How we use personal information.
- Disclosure of personal information.
- Storage and protection of personal information.
- Destruction of personal information.
- Accessing and amending your personal information.
- Accuracy of personal information.
- Internet use.
- Details about our Privacy Officer.
- ‘Smoke Alarm Professionals, ‘we’, ‘us’, or ‘our’ means Smoke Alarm Professionals Limited or any related company; and
- ‘you’ or ‘your’ means you, our employee, contractor, job applicant, service provider, customer or any other person who provides us with personal information.
- ‘Website’ means the website available at www.smokealarmprofessionls.co.nz.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information relating to you that you have provided to us directly (either on the Website, via email, telephone conversations or in person), that you provide to our agents or subcontractors, or that we may have obtained from another source with your consent (such as a real estate agents or property managers).
This personal information may include:
- Your name, address and contact details.
- Your email address.
- Your bank account numbers.
- Your date of birth.
We collect personal information about you when:
- you visit the Website;
- we, our agents or subcontractors do business with you, including entering into any contract or arrangement with you;
- you contact us with an enquiry or request a quotation;
- you have expressly consented to us collecting that information, for example when you sign up to receive emails, publications, or communications from us;
- it is necessary to protect or enforce our legal rights or interests, or to defend any claims made against us by any person (including you); and/or
- it is required by law. We will collect your personal information directly from you or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. In some circumstances, we will collect the information from third parties, but will notify you and seek your consent when we intend to do this.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The personal information that we collect from you may be used by us for a number of purposes connected with our business and operations, such as:
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- providing you with information about other goods and services that we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, or which we feel may be on interest to you;
- to allow select third parties with whom we have a business relationship to provide you with information about products, services and other opportunities that they think may be of interest to you;
- notifying you about changes to the services we offer;
- contacting you to ensure customer satisfaction in respect of the services provided to you;
- to monitor, improve and administer the Website;
- responding and following up on any queries, complaints or requests you might have made, and other customer care issues;
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us, or in connection with legal proceedings, crime, or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution;
- general administrative and operational purposes; and
- for any other purpose that is advised to you.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We respect the privacy of your personal information and we will take all reasonable steps to keep it strictly confidential. However, there may be times when we need to disclose your personal information to third parties. If we do this, any disclosure will be in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 and we will only disclose your information to:
- other entities within the Smoke Alarm Professionals group who may use and disclose your information for the same purposes as us;
- those who provide to us products or services that support the services that we provide, such as our business partners, suppliers and service providers;
- anyone who assists us in protecting the operation of Smoke Alarm Professionals’ networks and systems, including the use of monitoring and detection in order to identify potential threats, such as hacking and virus dissemination, and other security vulnerabilities;
- anyone who hosts or maintains data centres, service platforms, and other infrastructure and systems where your information is processed on behalf of us;
- persons to whom we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal, governmental or regulatory authority including law enforcement agencies and emergency services; and
- any person or organisation as authorised by the Privacy Act 1993
In addition to the above, we may provide your data to our (third party) business partners to allow them to contact you with information about goods or services that we feel may be of interest you. If you do not want us to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Otherwise, we will only disclose your personal information without your consent or notice to you if we reasonably consider that doing so is:
- necessary to protect or enforce our legal rights or interests, or to defend any claims made against us by any person (including you);
- necessary to lessen a serious threat to public safety or the health or safety of any person; or
- as required by law.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may record and store personal information which we collect from you and where we do so we will take all reasonable steps:
- to keep your personal information secure against loss, misuse or disclosure;
- to prevent unauthorised use and/or disclosure of the information; and
- to keep your personal information accurate, complete, relevant and up to date.
However, we do not promise that your personal information cannot be accessed by an unauthorised person (for example, a hacker) or that unauthorised uses and/or disclosures will not occur. We may store and process your personal information using services provided by a third party provider (including providers outside New Zealand) and so your personal information may be held outside New Zealand.
If we provide you with any passwords or other security devices it is important that you keep these secret and confidential and do not allow them to be used by any other person. You should notify us immediately if the security of these devices is breached to prevent the unauthorised use and/or disclosure of your personal information.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are entitled to obtain confirmation from us as to what information is held by us and to have access to that information. You are also entitled to:
- request correction of your personal information; and/or
- request that if your personal information is not corrected, a statement is attached to the original information saying what correction was sought but not made.
If we have already passed on personal information about you that is then corrected, we will use reasonable commercial endeavours to inform the recipient about the correction.
You may request access to all of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us using the “Contact” information set out below.
DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is disposed of appropriately once it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected.
We make every effort to maintain the security of our internet connections and website; however for reasons outside of our control, security risks may still arise. Any personal information transmitted to us online will therefore be at your own risk. However, we will use reasonable commercial efforts to ensure that any such information remains secure.
By Post: Smoke Alarm Professionals Limited
16 Mahoe Street,
By email: [email protected]
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and, if required, address your concern or remedy the problem in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993.